Sunday, March 23, 2008

peachy but not very veggie

So, it has been a long time since I last posted and it has been a pretty crazy time for me. I think I am finally done with the hardest part of this semester, and clinicals are going pretty well. My "eating healthier" project is not going as well as I had hoped. I have been able to increase my daily intake of fruits, but not vegetables. The first week I did pretty well (and Clay, too, since he eats what I feed him, hahaha), but it all went downhill from there. The only days I have been able to eat my three servings of veggies are Tuesday and Wednesdays because I have started buying fresh salads from the hospital cafeteria. They are pretty inexpensive and healthy. My hope is that now school seems to be slowing down I will do much better and make a greater effort to eat more fresh veggies. Now that the weather is improving, maybe I (and any of you who would like to join me) can start going to the farmers market during the weekend and buy yummy fruits and veggies for the week.

esma

2 comments:

clayito&mima said...

a new post! finally! i'm curious about something: why is it important to get both fruits AND vegetables? would it not be okay to simply eat 5 servings of fruit per day to fulfill my daily fruit/veggie quota? do veggies have nutrients, micronutrients, etc. that can't be found in fruits? maybe you can post on this later, oh wise nutritionist. tony, what does the ADA say about this one?

littlebrowntony said...

actually the ADA says that it's not so important what you eat, but rather how cheap it is. for example, if esma could somehow make her hospital cafeteria salad cost under $1, that would not only be very impressive, but also very healthy.