Friday, June 13, 2008

Green is better

I have just finished entering my F & V intake for the last few weeks into a nutrition analysis program that tells me if I am meeting my nutritional goals (for those interested, the website is www.fitday.com) and I was a little surprised and disappointed at my lack of progress. I have been making an effort to each more greens and healthier in general, but it is so so hard to even come close to meeting your nutritional needs as recommended. I noticed today that I almost always get 100% and more of vitamin C, sometimes vitamin A, but I am definetly struggling when it comes to the B vitamins and E. Although I was a little discouraged I do feel that I have become more aware of what I eat and tend to make healthier choices than I used to. I know that this is a work in progress, but I am begining to enjoy being healthier (even if my nutritional analysis contradicts this). I am very excited about the fact that I have been exercising on a regular basis (Clay and I ride our bikes to school 3-4 days/week for a total of ~20 miles/day) and I know part of it is due to my efforts to eat healthier and being more conscious about ways to promote our general well being.

No comments: